Culinary Tour to Calabria
September 10 - September 18, 2013
Join me, Rosetta Costantino, a native Calabrian, cookbook author of MY CALABRIA, cooking teacher and expert guide to the region’s culinary riches, as we travel off the beaten track to the toe of Italy’s boot. You’ll begin in the countryside of Corigliano Calabro, at an elegant agriturismo situated in the middle of a full working farm near the Ionian Sea. Here we will enjoy our welcome dinner, a cooking class, a tour of the farm, and observe them make cheese. Then it’s on to the dazzling west coast, to a newly built family run hotel in the countryside of Diamante. Finally, head south to a 5-star resort near Tropea, where you’ll attend another cooking class using the local specialties.
This 9-day trip features:
- Stays at 3 locations: An elegant agriturismo in the middle of a full working farm close to the   Ionian Sea. A newly built hotel in the countryside of Diamante overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea,   and a 5-star resort nestled in a grove of eucalyptus and olive trees.
- All meals, including dinners at some the region’s best restaurants
- Guided tours to some of Calabria's most charming towns
- Excursions to top producers of olive oil, cheese, salumi and wines
1. Il Mulino Relais. Enjoy the hospitality of this elegant agriturismo located in the countryside of Corigliano Calabro. Facilities include beautiful rooms in the country farmhouse, a pool, and an organic farm that provides fresh produce for its well-established restaurant.
2. La Felce Imperial Hotel. A newly built family-run hotel in the countryside above Diamante.
3. Hotel Porto Pirgos. Near Tropea, a seaside town, this five-star resort is nestled in a grove of eucalyptus and olive trees. Originally a residence for a noble family, it has been converted into an 18-room luxury hotel directly on the sea, with its own private beach. A stay of enchanting rest and relaxation will round out the trip.